November 23, 2011

Avocado

I was so excited when I walked into the grocery store today and saw avocados on sale at 3 for $5. I had been wanting to give Scout avocado for a while, but it is just so darn expensive and I have been trying to stick with the more "economically efficient" foods. I snatched 3 up at that price and rushed home. I have a secret crush on avocado myself, so I couldn't wait for her to try it!

Avocado, like banana, is one of those no-cook foods; you just scoop it and mash it with a fork. It looked so fresh and creamy!

She hated it. She seriously gagged. I tried puréeing it thinking that it was too chunky, and she still hated it. I tried adding some water thinking that maybe it was too rich, and she still hated it. Now I'm stuck with 2 1/2 avocados sitting in my fridge. Secret crush or not, I have no idea what I'm going to do with them now...

No comments:

Post a Comment