October 30, 2011

Peaches

I'm not going to lie, making peaches kind of sucked. They're slimy, messy, and not exactly easy to pit or peel. Once they were cooked and puréed they were really runny, more like the consistency of soup than baby food. In hindsight, they were probably over ripe when I bought them (which is probably why they were on sale) even though I selected ones that were firm to the touch. I solved this problem by simply adding a couple of spoonfuls of rice cereal after I warmed up the serving she was about to eat, just to thicken it a little bit.

Five large peaches made 21 1 ounce servings. And let's be honest, peaches are fun. Not only did Scout love the taste, but it gives me an excuse to relive my childhood by belting out a little Presidents of the United States of America while I feed her!

No comments:

Post a Comment